Wednesday, June 22, 2011

VOICE of the CITY: Live interview with Jamie McLean

J-Cherry talks with Jamie McLean of the Jamie McLean Band as they make their way through the northeast. Listen here for the show recorded live on WESU's VOICE of the CITY

http://www.archive.org/details/VoiceOfTheCityOnWesu88.1fm

"Jamie McLean had a big decision to make in 2006. He could continue to tour the globe as the guitarist for New Orleans’ famed Dirty Dozen Brass Band playing sets at Madison Square Garden, Bonnaroo and Japan’s Fuji Rock. Or he could do it his way, take the road less traveled and begin to lead Jamie McLean Band. It seemed as though there was only one option.


“It was certainly a tough choice to leave my bread and butter gig but I could feel it in my heart that I needed to be singing and recording and performing my own music. I’ve never been happier!” 

No comments:

Post a Comment